Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Pensive State of Pencil and Reckless Thoughts


You lay there motionless
My thoughts are a mess
What would you write?
What do you want to say?
You think too much
And I confess that I do the same.

You lay unstable
Lost in reverie
And I wonder
When will you be ready?

To become the mighty sword in my fingers
So that I can entwine you
And inscribe some of my thoughts which lingers.

Would you be coming alive tonight?
Or will stay dead as I put up a fight
A fight with you my friend! As you try to avoid
The several thoughts in my mind
Each one waiting to be vent out and unwind.

But which one will we pick
As we collaborate
To write another masterpiece.

But consensus between you and me is a rare affair
Are you my friend or enemy and is this warfare?
Let’s end this fight
And silly misunderstanding
Because together we can spill magic.

Your inscription and my wordings
They will give the world a piece to read
That will tell them a story
About how oneness and amity can be a way of peaceful living.

8 comments:

  1. Amazing.. at times we all have a fight with our thoughts and ideas... but your last lines instill hope in my heart.. that my pencil and I would become best of friends and create a picture, a poem, a story for the world to see... This one is splendid

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all go through this same thought process. Indeed, it is war at times. But the best thing is the result, another masterpiece, just like this one. Brilliantly describes a writer's dilemmas and state of mind.
    Good work Jas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have spilled magic here. A delightful read. I liked the whole extended metaphor of the weapon being used for peace.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such a wonderful comment Richard :)

      Delete
  5. A wonderful reverie, nice tone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully written! :)
    This is post is surely no less than a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete